The Peter Sheehan Diabetes Care Foundation (PSDCF) is pleased to announce the creation and launch of The Peter Sheehan Young Innovator Award Competition, which will take place and be held in conjunction with the upcoming 16th Annual Wound Healing: Science & Industry (WoundHSI) Conference, June 28-30, 2018, Marriott East Side, New York City, NY.
The Peter Sheehan Young Innovator Award has been created in the spirit of Dr. Peter Sheehan’s vision to transform the ways in which we develop scientific innovation for all those suffering with diabetes and the associated complications and diseases.
Through the wedding together of basic and clinical innovations, and by bringing the global diabetes and wound care communities together annually at the WoundHSI Conference, the Peter Sheehan Diabetes Care Foundation and the WoundHSI Conference have and will continue to offer innovators, experimentalists, industry and clinical experts the opportunities for advancing the mission while sustaining the PSDCF vision.
Individuals who are currently working towards the completion of the Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degrees or who have recently completed the Ph.D., M.D. degrees, or the equivalent advanced degree training, within the last five (5) years, are eligible to apply for The Peter Sheehan Young Innovator Award.
The competition is open to candidates from all countries. Abstracts and presentations must be in the English language.
All individuals who wish to be considered for The Peter Sheehan Young Innovator Award must deliver an Abstract Submission for the 16th Annual WoundHSI Conference to be held in New York, NY, June 28-30, 2018, by April 30, 2018, as well as a curriculum vitae that includes their date of birth (no more than 2 pages).
- Each individual is permitted to submit one abstract per entry
- Upon selection by the WoundHSI Jury, the applicant is notified and recognized as a nominee
- The nominee displays for the WoundHSI audience and is required to make a 5-minute poster presentation for the Jury.
Following nominee poster presentations:
- Three (3) finalists are selected to present their findings on the following day in a Lightning Podium Session
- Each finalist delivers a 10-minute talk, followed by a 5-minute Q&A
- The Jury Committee then selects The Peter Sheehan Young Innovator and presents the award before the conclusion of the WoundHSI Conference
- A first and second runner up are also recognized
- Each finalist receives a cash award and certificate denoting their extraordinary accomplishment.
|Winner: $1000||First runner up: $500||Second runner up: $250|
Abstract Submission and Deadline
Submit abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30, 2018.