The Peter Sheehan Young Innovator Award has been created in the spirit of Dr. Peter Sheehan’s vision to transform the ways in which we develop innovation for all those suffering with diabetes and lower extremity complications.
Deadline & Prizes
|First Place: $1000||Second Place: $500||Third Place: $250|
- Scientific and clinical impact
- Abstract and presentation quality
- Potential for industry advancement and commercialization
- Applicants must be investigators early in their careers, including graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, residents, clinical fellows or junior faculty (M.D., DPM, Ph.D., or the equivalent), who are conducting basic, translational or clinical research relating to amputation prevention or wound healing and are less than 5 years post advanced degree.
- Each applicant is permitted to submit one abstract per entry. The abstract is limited to one page (font size >11pt).
- Applicant must be the first author on the submitted abstract.
- A letter from your supervisor/mentor/program director, on their institutional letterhead is required. This letter acts a reference contact and must confirm the applicant is less than five years out of postgraduate training.
- Jury will review abstracts and select nominees to further present their abstracts in-person.
Nominee Presentations – Thursday, June 18 2020
- Selected nominees must attend WoundHSI, and are responsible for the cost of their travel and lodging.
- Nominees will make a 5-minute poster presentation for the Jury.
- Jury will select 3 finalists.
Finalists Presentations – Friday, June 19 2020
- Finalists will each deliver a 10-minute presentation during a Lightning Podium Session on Friday June 19, 2020, followed by a 5-minute Q&A.
- Jury will decide and award the winner, first, and second runner up with their certificates and prizes.
2019 Award Finalists: Sponsored by Integra Foundation
Reza B. Jalili
University of British Columbia Vancouver, BC, Canada
Miguel A. Manzanares
New York University School of Medicine-Langone Medical Center New York, New York
Michaele B. Manigrasso
NYU Langone Health New York, NY